Monday, April 15, 2013

Questions from Reading Guide to Perry Moore's Hero


          There are two reasons why Thom’s Coach is kicking him off the team. There is the reason that can be considered the diplomatic reasoning, and the true reason. The diplomatic or tactful reasoning would be because of Thom’s seizures. They are health issue that can present a big problem with the school and its insurance. The true reason is because Thom is different and that difference makes the Coach and the team uncomfortable. I cannot say for certain how I would react to this situation. I would probably accept it without a fuss but throw a fit when I am in private. My parents would first see how I feel about the situation and what course of action I would like to take. If I want to petition to be let back on the team I was removed from they would support me. If I wanted to let it go they would also throw a fit in private, but encourage me to stay strong and be the person I want to be.

            When Ruth tells Thom “You can’t go on like you’re going to start living one day, like all this is some preamble to some great life that’s magically going to appear. . . Don’t wait” she is telling him live the life and do the things he wants and knows will make him happy. Stop being what everybody expects you to be and become who you want to be. I am the type of person that is happy in the moment. I am not waiting for anything to “make” me happy. I am more so waiting to become happier. I am waiting for graduation, getting a job, paying off student loans, getting married, and having a family to leave a legacy to. I am waiting to succeed at the progressions at life, be proud of myself, and be happier. However, I am happy for the progress I have made so far in life. By deciding what to do and succeeding at it is what makes me happy.

            I do not think everybody in the world has one moment in their life where they know they are beneficial in the world. That is why the world has suicides. These people feel they are not an asset to the world and decide to take themselves out of it. When in truth they were looking for that moment too soon. That moment may not have been the time where they recognized for who they are but it will come. I do not need a big crowd of people cheering for me to feel special, but one person who appreciates my presence in their life. For someone to thank me for what I do for them would give me a sense of pride, but not an egotistical pride. A pride that would give me joy in the success I have with the people around me.

            The perfect first kiss would have to start with me and the person I am interested in hanging out, watching a movie, eating candy, and enjoying one another’s company. When we are just talking with one another I eventually start stroking his cheek and he rubs my hand. He lifts it and kisses my fingers bring my hand up to his other cheek. By this point I know he wants to kiss me just as much as I want to kiss him. He finally grabs face and gently pulls me towards him and kisses me. His hands go to my waist while I put my arms around his neck. This makes it feel like we are closer. It is sweet, simple, and as expected as it is unexpected. The perfect first kiss. The perfect first kiss, whatever it may be for whoever, is possible to achieve. A person may just have to be patient to get it. I have had many celebrity crushes especially when I was younger. I have no idea why we have crushes on famous figures. It just something about that figure a person likes and it develops into a crush.    

           

No comments:

Post a Comment